Why Do Some Kids Need Braces?
As a parent, you may have noticed something about your child’s smile that makes you wonder if you should see an orthodontist. Or maybe your family dentist has recommended you take that step. Here in Western North Carolina, the BRO team often sees young children because of these signs:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth (usually children begin to lose baby teeth around age five)
- Difficulty chewing and/or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Thumb-sucking now or in the past
- Speech impediments
- Protruding teeth (the top teeth and the bottom teeth extend away from each other)
- Teeth that don’t come together normally or at all
- Too much space between teeth
- Jaw shifting when opening or closing the mouth (crossbite)
- Crowded front teeth
If your child has one of these conditions, our doctors will work to create an individualized orthodontic treatment plan. Please call us at 828-585-6045, and we can set up a free consultation at our office.