Should You Consider Oral Surgery?
From removal of impacted wisdom teeth to extraction of problem teeth, here’s what you need to know about the affordable dental surgery we offer in Asheville.
When you hear “oral surgery,” do you imagine a hospital and the need for general anesthesia? You might be surprised by how many in-office dental procedures fall under the umbrella of oral surgery, including:
- Some impacted teeth, like wisdom teeth, may require extraction
- Other times, with the combination of dental surgery and orthodontics, impacted teeth can be safely brought into place to create the perfect smile
- For orthodontic treatment, to reduce crowding and improve results
- Baby teeth that haven’t fallen out (and are blocking permanent teeth from erupting)
- Teeth beyond repair from injury or decay
Detection and diagnosis of oral diseases
What About Oral Surgeons?
An oral surgeon performs surgery and related procedures on the mouth, teeth, jaws, and face to treat diseases, injuries or defects.
Oral surgeons are specialists who complete at least four years in a hospital-based surgical residency program, following dental school. These specialty residency programs are recognized by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
Here at Blue Ridge Orthodontics, our team of oral surgeons are highly trained to provide the most comfortable experience for our patients in Asheville, Hendersonville, and Brevard.
There’s no need to worry about pain during the procedure as our oral surgeons will provide the appropriate sedation for your comfort and well-being. If you come to our office in Asheville for your procedure, we offer a variety of options to meet our patients’ specific needs, including all levels of conscious sedation and intravenous sedation, as well as general anesthesia for both adults and children.